Monday 13 December 2010

Ho Ho Ho - Belle on the Run

Yesterday morning it was minus 4o C and the sun was glinting on the icy pavements so, dressed only in a skimpy Santa suit (described on the box as sexy Santa baby doll), one crazy Belle went for a run around Oxford. (Err I'm the one on the right!).

Actually it was one Belle together with Andy, Joe, Isalda (in her stunningly festive earrings and matching brooch), Tim and 1200 other Santas who took to the streets for the annual Helen & Douglas House Santa Run. It's always a great event and this year the weather made it even better still.

I have done this run for the last, I don't know how many, years. It is fun, spirited and a great way to start the Christmas season. And, this year (perhaps because I understand more about this fantastic charity and I knew some of the elves) I felt connected and ran with increased purpose. We jogged along with other supporters, each with their own sense of purpose, taking time to enjoy the creativity of the marshalls who always add some festive spirit to the occasion. I loved the Christmas pudding topper on the roof of a 4x4 and the life size soft toy dear strapped to the front of another.

It was, of course, all for charity and we ran for a total of £55 sponsorship and donated £50 ourselves so our efforts were worth it. I said I would wear my own outfit (vs. the baggy trouser suit supplied) if I raised over £100 so my baby doll just scraped in.  

I wasn't 'arrested' this year so I added to the 'fair cop' album by accosting the best looking PC I could find (he said he was the only one!) to get this sunbeam enhanced pose.

Speaking of such our next blog should be from our very own SC Belle, Amber, as it's high time she said hello (hello, hello) in order to officially launch her Belle career.

One last thing - thank you to my fellow Pollicott Belles for supporting me on my run - sponsorship, dress advice, motivational text messages and champagne drinking were all very much appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment