Monday 26 April 2010

I took my eye off the Belle...

Life logistics were against the Pollicott Belles this weekend and so, it was decided, we would, for once, not cycle as a team. Of course we would all do our training - just not together.

I was happy with this. I was particularly proud of Alex taking the 'no Sian' plunge and I could have a guilt free evening with friends in Kent and then I could cycle at my own pace, at any time, on Sunday morning. It was a really good plan. That's what I thought anyway until I heard what Alex and Vicky did when my eye was off the belle:

  • Vicky and Alex went on a Saturday morning loop of Dorton, Chilton, Chearsley, Ashendon.
  • They did all the hills. 
  • Neither of them fell off. 
  • All in good time - except they took a little break.
  • A brief sit down at the Chilton benches - that's fine - really! BUT that's not the half of it.
Honestly, they were left alone for ONE morning and ONE morning only and they did this...

BACON SANDWICHES at Chearsley tea rooms. My guess is tomato ketchup was probably involved too. What is to be done? I mean, after all those months of hard training, dedication to the cause and commitment to fitness this happens.

405 calories per sandwich.

I am undone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment