Monday 7 March 2011


This weekend's training took place in 2 seperate sessions, this is quite normal for us nowadays as busy lives mean we rarely have time to all cycle together and training has to be done so if it means seperate sessions, so be it!!

Saturday's session started at 7am with myself and Sian amazingly keen to get going and with my recently eaten banana releasing its energy we set off. Our route took us right out of Pollicott and up to the crossroads, straight across and down Cannons hill where my already VERY temperamental gears decided to behave even more eratically, my chain kept releasing and re-tensioning all by itself whenever I free-wheeled which alarmed me somewhat, however I decided to just grin and bear it.

Onto Cuddington and then Haddenham and along towards Stone, this normally busy road I had expected to be quiet at about 8am on a Sunday morning, however this was not the case and the speed some of the motorists were going nearly rocked me out of my saddle! Sian was keeping quiet behind me as she was making sure I didn't come a cropper with my dodgy gears!!

Once we got to Stone we headed up to Eythrope and on through the lovely estate, we have not cycled this route for a fair while and I have missed the lovely estate views and scenery, we came to the lodge house at Upper Winchendon where we took 5 for a breather and I produced a penguin bar for us both to tuck into, needless to say it didn't last anywhere near the 5 minutes but with renewed energy we set off over the other side and on towards the manor and Westcott.

Back at Westcott we were on the home straight back up to Ashendon, by which time my gears had decided to sort themselves out and behave!!

16.73 miles, 346 feet climb, 592 calories (minus a penguin!!)
Sunday morning saw myself and Alex meeting at 9am at the Old Forge corner, I am always a few minutes late on Sundays as I do my horse before and ALWAYS underestimate the amount of time it takes!!
We did our Brill, Ludgershall, Wootton, Ashendon route, although we had intended on doing the Dorton, Chilton, Chearsley route but a hectic Saturday afternoon culmonating in a trip to A+E with my youngest had left me physically and emotionally drained so a relatively un-taxing ride was definately in order!! Needless to say said child is fine now!!
We happily cycled and chatted and didn't even notice the time but upon reaching Ashendon we realised we had shaved half an hour off the previous week's time so we headed home to our other halves and a joint full english brunch awaiting us!! (It is totally worth doing ANY training for this!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment