Friday 17 September 2010

Phoenix from the Ashes

The warm weather back in the first week of June seems, and is, a long time ago. Mid-September and the cold nights are drawing in. Some things are a distant memory, some are not!

"Oi you lot" screamed 'Military Miller' "are you ready for another challenge"? Being the Pollicott Belles is pretty explanatory, we all live in Pollicott which means dear old Sian is never too far away.

Vicky and I were intrigued and before we knew it all three of us sat to reflect on the great fun we had back in the hazy days of Summer doing our little bit for the great team at MacMillan.

Sure there were cuts and bruises, but there was generosity and support in far greater proportions, as we recalled our favourite bits of those gruelling months of training it became a certainty that the Belles would 'ride again'.

I find it difficult to recall a single favourite memory, I do know the commitment, that Sian showed me I possessed, has changed my life forever - I pushed myself into achieving things that I never thought possible.

There was already friendship long before The Belles was born, but simple friendship was brushed aside as even deeper relationships were forged. We were there to support each other when the going got tough: for every mile further Sian convinced me I could go, Vicky was there with support and a shoulder to collapse on when the need arose.

Today is Friday 17th September and tonight is a rather special occasion because the Pollicott Belles are about to rise again - like a phoenix from the ashes.

Watch this space good people - time to hose the bike down and get the chain grease out!!

Alex xx

No comments:

Post a Comment