Tuesday 24 November 2009

Oooh, lots of great stuff seems to have happened since my very first blog entry. One very important thing (given I'm about to raise money by riding a bike) is that I've been out looking for a bike - probably a minimum requirement for the task in hand....but. This is serious stuff, a good time to remember why it's all happening and a good time to say a big thank you to our supporters to date.

Sian has already mentioned my lovely sons contribution from his 18th birthday party - Pollicott is particularly proud of its ability to take innuendo to a new level.

Imogen and Jessica for their fantastic fundraising effort - if Jessica ever decides to make a career in sales watch out - 'no' is not an option. Thanks Jessica - you were a star!

Kirsten and Steve have been great. Showing uncompromised confidence in my ability to conquer the challenge ahead they wasted no time in buying me a cycle helmet. Not sure the stabiliser wheels will work over the Ridgeway though!!

I'll leave it at that for now but there are some people along the way I really need to bring in, some close and valued family and friends whose lives have been affected by cancer. Our adventure next year will be great fun, shared with people I have come to love, but we'll never forget the reason we're doing it. This is for them. Alex xx

No comments:

Post a Comment